Topics

CiviHosting offers migration to DokuWiki #wikispaces #export #dokuwiki #civihosting

Tom H

CiviHosting now offers a Wikispaces wiki migration to DokuWiki in conjunction with its DokuWiki hosting service. There's a one-time and a recurring fee. See https://civihosting.com/wikispaces-migration/ for details.

If you use their service, please share your experience here.

@willm

I used their service and it went very smoothly. They set me up a custom domain and moved our whole Wiki over within hours. The new DokuWiki looks like it will work really well, but many of the pages will require significant clean up. The table of contents was duplicated on many pages and most internal links were broken (both to media and wiki pages). Spacing in bulleted lists ended up weird and was flattened to one level of indentation. And the headers on pages were all flattened to Level 1 Headers.

While it will require a fair amount of clean-up, I think our organization will be very happy with the results in the end. DokuWiki seems very full featured and easy to manage.

CiviHosting

I used their service and it went very smoothly.
Glad to hear you're happy with our services.

While it will require a fair amount of clean-up,
We will contact you privately offline, as internal links both to media and wiki pages should all be preserved with our importer. We will check on your site and see what may have gone wrong.

Thank you,
CiviHosting

Tom H

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 05:21 am, @willm wrote:
The new DokuWiki looks like it will work really well, but many of the pages will require significant clean up.
Thanks for the report, @willm. If your sites are public, would you kindly add them to the Examples database at https://wikispaces-refugees.groups.io/g/main/table?id=4607 so others can get a sense of how theirs might come out.

Glad to see CiviHosting being proactive with support. They are certainly marketing their migration and hosting services wherever they find a lead.

@willm

Update:

CiviHosting was extremely responsive and helped me fix all the links in my wiki within a few hours. Our organization is very happy with the resulting DokuWiki.

Sorry, @Tom_H, our Wiki is private because it's internal to our organization. The results look quite similar to the main DokuWiki site, however, as it uses that template.

CiviHosting

CiviHosting was extremely responsive and helped me fix all the links in
my wiki within a few hours. Our organization is very happy with the
resulting DokuWiki.
For the record, there was a glitch in our migrator tool which we found and fixed.

Glad to see CiviHosting being proactive with support. They are
certainly marketing their migration and hosting services wherever they find a lead.

We are and this is truly a win/win situation. We have several clients who are actually grateful to have found a resource who can migrate their wikis for them. Whereas Marc's directions for migrating to WordPress are fantastic and quite detailed, it is not possible for most non-technical users to do this migration alone.

Many users need someone who can migrate their wiki for them, and then support it as well and that's what we are offering.

Two more notes for completeness and transparency:

We are also offering migration to WordPress now as well. We had begun to unravel the process before Marc's post and we are now automating and generalizing his procedures to work for most any Wikispaces wiki.

Prices at editme.com begin at $19/month on https://www.editme.com/Pricing although once logged in, they do offer a $9/month plan as well, but it's a bit limited. These plans also are branded by "Powered by EditMe" and we haven't yet found how to add a Contact Us form on a wiki with them, but it may exist and we just can't find it.

CiviHosting's prices begin at $15 a month and that includes unlimited users, has no branding, and comes with other features like a contact us form and more.

Any specific questions about our services probably would best be directed to us privately offline, unless there is group interest. The link again to our Wikispaces Migration service is:

https://civihosting.com/wikispaces-migration/

Thank you,
CiviHosting

Creuset

After exploring a lot of different options, we've taken the plunge and are going with CiviHosting. Will let you all know how it goes... :)

Tom H

If yours is a public wiki, I hope you will share your URL in the Database Table on the main forum with an announcement of when you have posted it. And please do not exercise the Domain Forwarding feature immediately so that we have time to review the before and after sites!