From: Tom H <ve3meo@...>
To: main@Wikispaces-Refugees.groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikispaces-Refugees] Export processing slow? #export

There must be a surge of export requests as the July 31 drop-dead date approaches for free Wikispaces sites because export turnaround time has mushroomed. I terminated a 6-1/2 day old DokuWiki export request last night by submitting a fresh one in the faint hope that perhaps it had fallen out of the queue. Not likely the case because the new one is "pending" along with another for MediaWiki that is 5 days old. That week-old request was made not long after I had one for HTML that took only minutes to do. As there had been major improvements to the HTML export, I was interested to see what, if any, changes might have been made to these leading wiki formats. My drop-dead date is Sep 30 on the Plus Plan so I am not stressed by the current slowness but I am concerned for those on the Free Plan. There could be many with no backup at this stage or only an old one that predates the later improvements in export or later activity on their sites. Will Wikispaces extend the deadline?