Topics

(Semantic) MediaWiki #mediawiki

Ethan

Hello everyone,

I am an administrator at Appropedia. I have been reaching out to owners of sustainability-related wikis currently hosted on Wikispaces to see if they would like to move content to Appropedia. A few have already expressed an interest, but I haven't yet had a chance to look at their export files to see about importing them on MediaWiki. Has anyone tried it yet, or have a good idea how this process would work?

Thanks,
Ethan D.

--
Ethan <ethan@...>

CiviHosting

I am an administrator at Appropedia. I have been reaching out to owners of sustainability-related wikis currently hosted on Wikispaces to see if they would like to move content to Appropedia. A few have already expressed an interest, but I haven't yet had a chance to look at their export files to see about importing them on MediaWiki. Has anyone tried it yet, or have a good idea how this process would work?
The MediaWiki format export from Wikispaces is not actually 100% compatible with MediaWiki. It's more like 80% or 90%. The rest must be adjusted to match the MediaWiki format.

The basic approach is to use the edit.php command line tool to import pages. But it's not simple.

Thank you,
CiviHosting

Tom H

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 07:01 pm, Ethan wrote:
I haven't yet had a chance to look at their export files to see about importing them on MediaWiki.
Some backup files from my site can be downloaded for your examination.

Marc M

It is not a fun nor simple process.  I tried to play around with it, wow!

Tom H

Appropedia.org looks similar to Referata.com, if not identically configured. See my review of the latter.