Topics

New Export Options! #export #tags #discussions

Tom H

I had given up hope that we would see some improvement in the Wikispaces Export when, just now, I went to launch a fresh export after some page updates and was pleasantly surprised by the new options showing on the Settings screen.

For the various wiki formats, only the first two options are available. Those two are pretty clearly named; you get a file for each which you are supposed to be able to relate a page or file to its tags. The CSV extension is a little misleading because the semi-colon, rather than comma, is the main delimiter between the name of the page/file and the comma-separated list of tags.

The HTML-only "Export pages with titles and tag hashtags" responds to proposals I made (and probably others). Now the top heading of a page looks like:

Look familiar?

The last option "Export Discussions and comments" also responds to my proposal to include them on the exported page. I found Discussions in the HTML at the bottom of the page but Comments are not on the page yet. The JSON files for them are exported regardless of this option.

This is a huge step forward for my wiki export. Good news!

And, more good news, my export finished in minutes, not days!!

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 08:41 pm, Tom H wrote:
And, more good news, my export finished in minutes, not days!!
That expeditious export performance did not last. I'm awaiting completion of a DokuWiki format launched at least 30 hours ago.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 02:19 PM, Tom H wrote:
That expeditious export performance did not last. I'm awaiting completion of a DokuWiki format launched at least 30 hours ago.
Now 3 days and still pending. With the July 31 drop-dead date closing in, I'm sure the requests for exports have soared in number.