Topics

Tiki Wiki #export #tikiwiki

Steve Kennedy

Has anyone else tried #TikiWiki?  I have installed it using the GoDaddy Installatron.  The default site has done a better job of loading my pages and interpreting the Wikispaces files than anything else I have found.  Let me know your thoughts.

Steve Kennedy

CTO/Consultant

Insightformation, Inc.

image002

Tom H

Interesting. I haven't looked at TikiWiki. Did you import the TikiWiki export from WS? Is the TW site public? The WS original? If not, could you post a couple of comparative screenshots?

Steve Kennedy

I have found the TikiWiki export from WS to be problematic.  Just like all of the other export scripts.  My guess is they are using an older script to export to an older version of the TikiWiki syntax.  I haven’t been able to verify this yet but that is my guess.  Therefore, I am using the HTML export, which seems to be better for the sites we have.  Let me finish importing a few more pages (We have over 2000 pages in our main wiki and several client WIKIs with over 100 pages).  We are not using an automated import for now, but the manual process seems to be fairly simple to do.   I will keep you updated and will give you the site URL’s once I have a little more of the conversion done.

Steve Kennedy

CTO/Consultant

Insightformation, Inc.

image002

Interesting. I haven't looked at TikiWiki. Did you import the TikiWiki export from WS? Is the TW site public? The WS original? If not, could you post a couple of comparative screenshots?

mjleon26@...

  Hi steve i was wondering if you have a step by sted how to import WS backup to tiki wiki i'm doing some research on free hosting sites for my three wikis courses that i was offering with WS since 2011. Now with the endo of WS need a solution for my courses and tiki wiki seems to be the best option i would appreciate any help you can give me.