Topics

Too late to export #export

Barb Kikta

Edited

Does anyone know how to contact wikispaces? A teacher I know tried to go in to download at 11:45 pm but could not get in nor can she access them through help. Yes, i know she is late but just trying to help out a friend who wasn’t aware that it was going down.
Thanks,
Barb

[Moderator split off message to new topic and deleted irrelevant message quote]

Tom H

Edited

I doubt there is any recourse from Wikispaces after having given over 6 months notice and a banner seen by every user active in that period. Public sites will likely have some page content stored on The Wayback Machine.

Appeals could be sent to help@... and support@...

This Google search returns public Wikispaces sites, most of which are now down and none on the first couple of pages of results are being forwarded to a new site. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A*.wikispaces.com&ie=utf-8

Marc M

  I just noticed that the forwarding from Wikispaces that they offer and I had set up a few times and never worked; is finally working for my site as of this morning.

  I'd encourage everyone who has had a successful migration to another location, like with our migration to Docuwiki, make sure that they enter their site on Google Webmasters (https://www.google.com/webmasters) so that Google can start indexing their site at it's new location as quickly as possible.

On 8/1/18 8:04 AM, Tom H wrote:
> I doubt there is any recourse from Wikispaces after having given over > 6 months notice and a banner seen by every user active in that > period. Public sites will likely have some page content stored on The > Wayback Machine. > > Appeals could be sent to help@... and > support@... <mailto:support@...> > > This Google search returns public Wikispaces sites, most of which are > now down and none on the first couple of pages of results are being > forwarded to a new site. > https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A*.wikispaces.com&ie=utf-8 > ------------------------- Tom Looking to move SQLite Tools For > RootsMagic <http://sqlitetoolsforrootsmagic.wikispaces.com>

Tom H

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 05:04 AM, Tom H wrote:
I doubt there is any recourse from Wikispaces after having given over 6 months notice and a banner seen by every user active in that period.
Confirmed in this correspondence with Wikispaces Support:

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your email.

All the content from the free wikis has now been removed from the website. Even we in the support team can no longer access it, so unfortunately there is no way we can help you.

Users are able still to open Plus Plan wikis, but they will not have access to their previous data from now removed free wikis.

We understand that this is frustrating and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions, please do contact us again

Kind Regards
Matt

Online Customer Support